analytics

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Artic Char

A few months ago, I made preserved lemons. Typically used in Moroccan cuisine, preserved lemons are just salt, lemons and lemon juice. I found this recipe online and decided to give them a try.

They turned out well and were awesome in a chicken tagine recipes so I got to thinking that maybe they could work well with fish.

Artic Char was on sale and the fishmonger said it was similar in texture to salmon, both being oily fishes, I thought why not see if baking it with preserved lemons en papillote (in this case in parchment paper) would work.

Cleaned fish with half of the peel of a preserved lemon cut into strips layed on both sides of the fish, the other half of the lemon stuffed into the cavity:



(It is important to rinse off the lemon peel before using it so its not too salty.)


I then folded the parchment up and crimped it along the top, to form a pouch for the fish to steam in.
20 minutes later in a 375 degree oven...



The fish was very tender and fell off the bone, but was not dried out. I spooned a little bit of the juices from the bottom over the final fish and it was really delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment