analytics

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Left-overs gone right - Baked Stuffed Zucchini

The same trip to the farmers market landed me with a giant zucchini and an ear of corn. I had it in my head to make a stuffed zucchini, but by the time I got home I was dead set against using gluten free bread.

Instead, I combined: half a red onion sauteed in olive oil with some millet, then steamed till the millet was almost cooked through; an ear of steamed corn - removed from cob; handful of frozen okra; and left over homemade chana masala and rice.

I halved and hollowed out the zucchini, seasoned with salt and white pepper and filled with the above mixture.

35 minutes at 350F and it turned out really well. (With plenty of left overs for lunch!)



I sauteed up the middles (the seeds and flesh from the middle of the zucchini) with some onions.



Surprisingly easy and delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment