analytics

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Bacon Cheddar Crisps

My friend was recounting a tale of one of her favorite dishes that her mother used to make for her: sliced white bread spread with mayo, crisp bacon, cheddar cheese broiled for a few minutes till the cheese bubbled and oozed.

The same friend was celebrating a birthday this weekend so I tried to recreate that memory with bacon cheddar crisps.

I took 3/4 lb of bacon, cut into small pieces, fried till crispy and 1.5 pounds of shredded, sharp cheddar cheese. I placed a teaspoon portion of the mixture on a SilPat and baked at 350 till the edges began to brown.


Some I let harden flat on brown paper bags, others I tried to shape into U-shapes over chop sticks so they could hold the homemade applesauce I served with them.






They were enjoyed by many.

No comments:

Post a Comment