analytics

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Monster Cookies


This recipe was shouting at me from the back of a bag of gluten free oats. How could I resist the temptation to create MONSTER COOKIES?!

*The original recipe only called for 1/4 cup of butter, and the cookies held their shape (domed - I used a disher) and didn't spread. I stirred in the other half stick and the cookies made me happy, though they are very soft.


MONSTER COOKIES
1 stick (1/2 cup butter) at room temp.
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 cup peanut butter (I used the unsweetened kind and these were plenty sugary)
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 cups gluten free rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1/3 cup pecans (or walnuts would be good here)
1/3 cup dried cherries

Preheat oven to 350F

1. Cream the butter and sugars until fluffy.
2. Stir in the eggs and mix well till combined.
3. Stir in the peanut butter, powder and vanilla, until combined.
4. Stir in the oats, chocolate, nuts and dried fruit.
5. Spoon cookies out onto a greased or parchment lined cookie sheet and bake 10-12 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.

These were good, very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment