analytics

Friday, December 25, 2009

Gluten Free Cinnamon Roll - 1st attempt

So I had 2 pounds of leftover brioche dough and thought that it could be best served as an attempt at cinnamon buns.

I rolled out the cold dough onto the counter that was well covered in rice flour:




It was so so so soft and gooey it barely needed any push from the pin at all:


I covered it with egg wash:


Then sprinkled the top with a mixture of 1 cup sugar & 1 1/2 tbsp of cinnamon:


With the help of a cutting board and assistant, we rolled up the dough - it was so soft, it was impossible to roll by hand, it just oozed.


I cut the log in two, and threw them on a pan and stuck them in the freezer to help firm them up so they could be cut - you can see how the middle is oozing and weeping out.


About an hour later, I cut the logs into portion and plopped them into greased muffin tins:


I put them on the stove to proof before baking:



Baked at 350F for 12-20 minutes, I rotated them once and pulled them out and allowed them to cool in the pans - this was a mistake and they were a pain to get out:



Overall - the dough was not as soft, light or moist as the brioche and the filling oozed a bunch so the felt more like a forgot-the-pecans sticky bun, than a cinnamon bun. I really think the brioche recipe should have butter in it, rather than oil, and that the butter would make the dough easier to work with. I am going to chock this one up to a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment