There is a pretty clear north (sweet) vs. south (not sweet, dry) divide when it comes to cornbread. Here is my attempt at a middle ground... and well, a way to use up the small amount of masa I had sitting around. 5 corn cornbread combines creamed corn for added moisture and a hint of sweetness. They worked really well as a side as is or slathered with honey butter.
5 Corn Cornbread
3/4 cup masa harina
1/2 cup corn flour
1/4 cup corn starch
3/4 cup corn meal
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup creamed corn
1/4 cup oil
1 cup water
1. Combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
2. Add the wet ingredients and mix till combined.
3. Allow the batter to rest 20 minutes.
4. Spoon into well greased muffin tins.
5. Bake at 375F for ~30 minutes or until a toothpick can be inserted into the middle of a muffin and comes out dry.