analytics

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Pumpkin Pie

Originally I just wanted a cookie crust, but I used more butter than I had cookies, so I added in some gf flours to help absorb the extra. It was good, but next time I would probably just half the butter and use just butter and cookies.
The filling is a modified version of my vegan pumpkin custard. I added eggs, since there were no vegans attending this year, and it really helped the middle set nicely.

Crust
1 stick unsalted butter, melted
1 bag of Gluten Free Mi-del Ginger Snaps, crushed
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbsp potato starch
2 tbsp tapioca starch
2/3 cup sorghum flour
pinch ground cinnamon
pinch ground cloves
1/4 cup brown sugar

1. Combine all ingredients, mix well.
2. Form into the bottom of a pie plate.
3. Bake at 350F till the crust begins to take on some color at the edges, about 20 minutes.

Filling
1 can pumpkin
1 can coconut milk
2/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground ginger
1/4 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp ground allspice
pinch salt
2 eggs

1. Combine all ingredients, mix well.
2. Pour into cooled crust.
3. Bake at 325F until the center has set (if you tap the side of the pie plate the center should no longer jiggle and look liquid in the middle). Approximately 40-60 minutes.



The filling was really good. The crust needs some work.

No comments:

Post a Comment