analytics

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gluten Free Cosmetics & Soaps


Its not food, but if it goes on your lips - its gotta be gluten free. (If you are wrangling youngsters who put things, like their hair, in their mouths, its pretty important that all hair and body products are gluten free too.)

Chock this one up to a hard lesson learned; I was gluten-free for 3 months before I realized my "all natural" lip balm was full of wheat-products. Since then, I have learned and have switched over my most of my bath and body products. Here are some of my new(er) favorites:

Dr. Bronner's - super gentle and if you can find a place that sells it in bulk, you can mix and match to create your own scent. (In the summer I love half peppermint/citrus; the rest of the year I love the almond.)

Burt's Bees - I like their lip balm and face scrub. Both are a little more expensive than some brands, but they last a long time and sometimes go on-sale.

NARS, bareMinerals and Smashbox are three of my favorite make-up companies that have some gluten-free products. (All three also happen to be cruetly-free too.)

As with everything, you have to double check ingredient lists. Products can and do change, and often its not listed on the front.

Here are some other great resources:

Gluten Free Cosmetic Counter - catch all blog for gf products
Naturally Dah'ling - has a list of favorite gf cosmetics
Gluten Free Hub - they have a gf cosmetic list, for sale
Clan Thompson Celiac Pocket Guide to Everything Else 2009 (Gluten-Free Cosmetics) - for sale


No comments:

Post a Comment