analytics

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Hot-Spaghetti-Dogs


A friend shared this post from boingboing last month and I really couldn't wait to try it out. Its slightly terrifying and oddly intriguing and reminded me of octodogs. When Tikyada pasta went on sale last week at Whole Foods, well I couldn't really resist the temptation to string hot dogs on pasta and call it dinner.




It was hard to manipulate the pasta, which got moist and pliable and started to snap if I strung too many dogs on it. But it held up long enough for me to make some weird shapes.

(this one is suppose to be a giraffe - his head is way at the top)

(hot dog tree!)

One of the biggest concerns, voiced by others, was fear that the past inside the dogs wouldn't cook, but you can see that the pieces of hot dogs got larger as they took on water and the pasta cooked through.



The biggest problem was what to serve with this dish. Ketchup, mustard, spaghetti sauce?
We went with mustard, which tasted great with the dogs, but a little weird with just a mouthful of spaghetti.

I would totally make this again and think its a great idea for kids of any age.
Making up interesting names is almost as fun as eating it. Weenieccinni, Spaghettidog, dogs on a rope...

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely marvellous! Making these completely slipped my mind. I think I can hear it calling tonight though. Mine will be Barilla Spaghetti and Hebrew National Franks, but otherwise I think it will be the same.

    ReplyDelete