analytics

Monday, September 14, 2009

Farmers Market Dinner


Farmers Markets are one of my most favorite things. Farmers markets in New England in September are the best! Apples are coming into season, the best tomatoes are coming off the vine and corn, oh sweet corn - especially this year - is so good.

After enjoying a few nights of rather rich food, I was thrilled to make some veggies - LOTS OF VEGGIES. I started with a fresh sweet corn (raw, just cut off the cob), heirloom tomato and chive salad topped with just a little olive oil, apple cider vinegar and crunchy Maldon sat.


I also roasted some of the Japanese eggplant, summer squash, wax beans and red onions with a little oil and topped them with more salt.


Dinner was so good and there were oodles of left overs.

For you, a list of Boston area farmers markets and here.

I also grabbed some info on Austin Brothers Family Farm's new meat CSA (also posted on Boston Locavors)

No comments:

Post a Comment