analytics

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Fluff Festival 2009

Once a year, Union Square in Somerville, MA celebrates a hometown first - the invention of marshmallow Fluff. Until this year, I had never been able to attend the What the Fluff? celebration, but as I was one of thousands that poured into Union, Saturday afternoon, I began to realize what I was missing. From high school students making and doling out fluffernutters, to kiddie games involving Fluff containers, even a Fluff baking contest, 2 different stages hosting bands and Fluff + ____ tastings... it was truly an event to behold. Did I mention that there is crowning of a Fluff queen?

Sadly, I didn't get to see the tug-of-war (losers landing in a kiddie pool of fluff). Here are some of my favorite pictures:


Fluff + _____ tastings (rumor had it one of the combos was ketchup, ewww)

Fluff Bowling

Fluff cover fishing - this was right after one tike toppled into the pool!

Pin the "F" on Fluffboy

Fantastic Fluffettes

Fluff baking competition. Yes, you spy correctly, that is Darra Goldstein on the right!

No comments:

Post a Comment