analytics

Saturday, March 13, 2010

St. Patrick's Day recipe round up

This will be the first time in two years that I haven't made corned beef and cabbage from scratch. The corning processes takes a few weeks and I have been behind on finding a decent brisket. Corned beef is actually an Irish-American substitute for bacon and cabbage, the traditional Irish boiled dinner. So I am thinking that maybe I am going to try to find some slab bacon and give the dish of the homeland a try. I am feeling pretty good about last year's soda bread recipe, though I might try to shoot for a drier, more scone-like texture this year. In the mean time, here are a few recipes to tinker with yourself:

Corned Beef & Cabbage
Irish Soda Bread
Corned Beef (literally corning or pickling of the beef) recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment