analytics

Friday, January 23, 2009

English Toffee

I was in need of a finger-food that travels well and contains dark chocolate and remembered English Toffee! I have never made it myself, but a friend did make some last year for Christmas that was gobbled up faster than I thought possible.
I am not 100% certain, but I think this is the English Toffee recipe that produced said results. I multiplied it by 1.5 and here is the final product:



I was having some trouble with the flash whiting-out the toffee, but it actually came out pretty light. It was crisp and quickly became sticky as it was chewed on. I omitted the nuts so everyone could enjoy, but normally would top it with chopped, toasted pecans.

The only thing I would possibly do differently is to caramelize some of the sugar before adding in the butter to see if the toffee would come out darker, otherwise, its a perfect recipe.

1 comment:

  1. Homemade toffee, what a great idea!! It looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete