analytics

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Gluten Free Favorites

I have been emailing this list out to a lot of people lately, so I thought I would post it. Here is a bunch of my favorite gluten free substitute products that really helped get me over the initial diagnosis hump.

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Brown Mix - a little greasy, but tastes like the real thing and is cheaper that most box mixes

Namaste Spice Cake Mix - (I love the carrot cake adaptation, I throw in carrots, coconut, pecans, golden raisins, dried cherries - I made it into cupcakes for my birthday!)
This company does all allergy-free stuff.

EnjoyLife Snickerdoodles (I don't like their other cookies, but these are great) allergy-free, vegan and taste good!

Pamela's Cookies - some are dairy free, which is awesome (Ginger almond are my favorite)

Gluten Free Pantry mixes are good - their Angel Food Cake was good enough I served it with berries and people ate it like the real thing two weeks ago

Tinkyada Rice Pasta - best texture (DON'T serve cold)

Erewhon Cereal - They have 3 that are gluten free, two rice ones and one corn flake. The one with freeze dried berries is my favorite - pretty close to the old rice krispies

Gorilla Munch - corn cereal, similar to Kixx but crunchier

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Granola - the cranberry maple nut is really really good

Trader Joe's Gluten Free Waffles - the banana are really good and hold up well to toasting

Jennies Coconut Macaroons - hard to stop eating these once the yellow can is open

Sunshine Burgers - gluten/dairy/vegan veggie burgers (in the freezer section)

Bell & Evan's Gluten Free Chicken Strips - corn-based, expensive, but a good in-a-pinch-dinner (better with bbq or hot sauce)

Gluteno Pizza - way better than Amy's which has the texture of soggy styrofoam (any frozen gf pizza needs extra cheese/sauce)

San-J Wheat Free Tamari - less salty and a little sweeter in flavor than traditional soy sauce, this stuff rules

Julian's Gluten Free Rolls - contain soy, but are dairy free (dried and crumbled makes amazing panko-like crumbs!)

Whole Foods Gluten Free Sandwich Bread - favorite bread w/dairy

Food for Life's Gluten Free Millet bread - favorite dairy-free bread

No comments:

Post a Comment