analytics

Saturday, March 28, 2009

Sourdough Starter

After a successful pancake making session (I mixed a lot of things without measuring or writing them down... I should know better, but they came out tasty), I was watching an episode of Gourmet's Diary of a Foodie and was re-inspired to attempt making a sourdough starter.

Sourdough Starter Day 1
Sorghum flour
Millet flour
Potato starch flour
Filtered water*

I poured some of each flour into a jar and covered with an equal amount of water. Then, I shook it up a bit. Covered it loosely.

Hopefully, in a few days, there will be bubbles!

*The chlorine in tap water kills bacteria and some yeasts (a good thing in your pipes) but can slow down the formation of a sourdough starter, which is a combination of bacteria, yeast and flour(s).

No comments:

Post a Comment